I will be travelling to East Africa in January 2015 and since the visa requirements have changed since my last visit in the region, i am a bit lost. My itinerary will go as follows: departing from Canada to Kenya-Uganda-Rwanda-Uganda-Kenya(i am doing everything by bus) returning to Canada. I was thinking of getting an East African Visa but i have read a lot of confusing information. First of all, do i need to get this visa online before getting there? I went on the eCitizen platform to get start a visa application but the only visas you can register for are (1) Single Entry Kenyan Visa, (2) Transit Visa and (3) Diplomatic Visa. You cannot register for the East African Visa on this platform. Where can i apply for this online? Or can i still buy this visa upon entry in Kenya unlike the regular single entry tourist visa)?
Also, if i do get the East African Visa, does this visa allow me to enter twice in both Kenya and Uganda (since i am arriving and leaving east africa from kenya and also since i am travelling around by bus, i need to reenter uganda before i get back to Kenya)?
I hope this is clear! I am leaving on the 30th of december 2015 and will be applying no later than the 24th of November (just in case there was an issue i want wiggle room). Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888~260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt sbaba!
- 2 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 3 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 4 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 5 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 6 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 7 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 8 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 9 electric devices
- 10 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 11 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 12 Victoria Falls
- 13 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 14 sahara desert
- 15 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 16 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 17 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 18 Private driver in Morocco
- 19 Private tours in Morocco
- 20 Morocco Expert Tours
- 21 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 22 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 23 Kilimanjaro
- 24 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 25 Zanzibar Anyone?