I'm trying to plan a trip for my husband and I (both Canadian) to East Africa over December and January, and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help. I've read through a number of postings on here, and I'm getting the idea that I should try and book through a safari company that is based within East Africa? Is that the best way to go? I mostly want to be in the wilderness, taking photographs, etc. I think I would like to visit Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda, which should be do-able in 6 weeks (I imagine). I don't want to be with a large group of people, and would be happy to pay extra for a dedicated guide at certain times for photography.
I'm also curious about the best places to see birds in these countries. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. What is "not to be missed"? Is it worth spending some time on the coast?
If anyone out there can recommend someone that can help me plan an itinerary, I would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 AOL &EMAIL 1~800~570:1233 Password Reset Contact Now by AOL
- 2 Safety in Johannesburg
- 3 Looking for the affordable high quality accommodation while you travel?
- 4 Qatar to Iran
- 5 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 6 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 7 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 8 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 9 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 10 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 11 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 12 electric devices
- 13 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 14 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 15 Victoria Falls
- 16 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 17 sahara desert
- 18 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 19 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 20 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 21 Private driver in Morocco
- 22 Private tours in Morocco
- 23 Morocco Expert Tours
- 24 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 25 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
East Africa for 6 weeks next December/January...looking for help