I will be South Africa end of May to mid June. After spending 7 nights in St Lucia and Hluhluwe Umfolozi, we will be driving to Durban on a Sunday (3.5 hours if all goes well) to get a flight to Port Elizabeth to continue our trip along the Garden Route and then on to Cape Town.
We are trying to decide if it would be better to spend the night in Durban or in/around Port Elizabeth. The choice of flights would be leave Durban Sunday at 17:40, getting in to Port Elizabeth at 19:00. or spend the night in Durban and leave Monday morning to Port Elizabeth at 8:00, getting in at 9:20 and heading out (probably to Addo Elephant Park directly.
Leaving Durban on Sunday would still give us a few hours to stop in Durban before going to the airport. I am interested in trying the famous Durban Bunny Chow and seeing a bit of the Indian District, but this would mean parking the car and leaving the luggage in the trunk and carrying around all my expensive camera equipment, not sure either one of those is a very good idea.
Alternatively, we could either just skip Durban all together and maybe stop somewhere along the way to the airport (any ideas where) and sleep in Port Elizabeth (close to the airport maybe as we will drive directly to our next stop, probably Addo) or spend the afternoon and night in Durban and leave for Port Elizabeth in the morning.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Customs at JKIA, Kenya
- 2 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 3 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 4 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 5 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 6 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 7 electric devices
- 8 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 9 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 10 Victoria Falls
- 11 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 12 sahara desert
- 13 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 14 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 15 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?
- 16 Private driver in Morocco
- 17 Private tours in Morocco
- 18 Morocco Expert Tours
- 19 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 20 Mid range hotel/lodge in Arusha
- 21 Kilimanjaro
- 22 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 23 Zanzibar Anyone?
- 24 help me to visit Morocco
- 25 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...