Was just wondering if anyone could advise what is the major comparison between Dendera/Abydos temples, vs the major temples at Luxor (such as Karnak, Luxor Temple, Medihat Habu, Valley of The Queens?)
If I was being completely honest, my family are not entirely keen on tombs (but we stand corrected as we have never seen actual ones in Egypt yet) , but we are so far impressed by the paintings of Dendera/Abydos and Medihat Habu, seen on TA.
We only have two days in Luxor, and we thought of going to the major must see's namely Karnak and Luxor Temple on Day 1.
And Day 2..... would you reckon we should visit Dendera/Abydos on a Full Day excursion (we wouldn't mind the journey, I think)? Meaning entirely skipping the Valley of the Queen, Valley of Artisan, or Valley of the Kings etc. Would you think this is a good idea? Considering my family isn't into tombs but more inclined with the paintings. Are the paintings in Dendera/Abydos can be found in temples of Luxor? Are the Valley of The Queens and the likes so worthwhile that it should not be missed, and that means forgoing Dendera/Abydos?
Any general insights of these comparisons would be truly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time and I wish you a wonderful day.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 2 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 7 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 10 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 11 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 12 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 13 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 16 help me to visit Morocco
- 17 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 18 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 19 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 20 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 21 Morocco road condition
- 22 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 23 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 24 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 25 Where to visit in Wadi Rum