My hubby and I are planning a trip to celebrate both our 50th bdays next summer. We are limited to July /Aug time frame b/c of kids schedule (they will be in camp so it will be adult only). Ideally we are thinking mid-July for 2 weeks.
I have avoided CapeTown in the past this time of year due to rainy season. I know they have experienced a severe drought (along with fires) and the weather is very unpredictable but wondering if anyone can give an opinion on going this time of year given this and any other reasons? If we do go, what wine region is most recommended?
We are thinking of spending 5 nights in Cape Town & Wine region and then heading to a safari or reversing the order depending on travel availability.
Also not sure yet where we will go on Safari. About 15 yrs ago I did a safari landing in Joburg and then going to safari's in South Africa, Botswana & Zimbabwe. Absolutely loved it in every way but would like to do something different if anyone can make a recommendation on a really good option that also has somewhat easy access from Cape Town so we're not traveling the whole time.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://michiganstatevsmaryland.football/
- 2 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 3 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 4 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 8 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 9 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 10 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 11 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 12 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 13 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 14 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 15 help me to visit Morocco
- 16 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 17 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 18 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 19 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 20 Morocco road condition
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 23 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 24 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 25 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days