I and my wife will have a short visit to Cape Town between May 17 and May 19, 2014 (just for 2 nights, but given the time restrictions we have, that would be better than not going at all).
I am a keen amateur photographer and would like to take aerial photos of the city and Table Mountain from a helicopter. I would appreciate your comments and opinions on several issues:
1. Do we need to make a reservation in advance or we can just phone 2-3 companies when we are already there? The only concern I have regarding advanced reservation is the weather, it might not be the best idea to have a prior arrangement for a specific time and to turn out that the weather conditions are not very good for aerial photography. We will be staying very close to V & A Waterfront, how likely would be finding a flight by just walking to the flightseeing companies without a prior arrangement?
2. Which company to choose? Since the tour would be about taking photographs, the decisive factor would be the type of chopper and the ability to have the clearest view for
Sports Helicopters seem to operate JetRanger choppers which have a little window that could be opened if seating on the back seat. 20 minutes flight for 2 people is R 3650.
Cape Town helicopters seem to operate JetRangers and Robinson R44 choppers, the latter do not have any windows that I could open.
Nac Macana helicopters seem to operate both JetRangers and R44-s.
All three companies are located at V & A waterfront.
3. Any idea if any of the companies will allow to book a specific seat in advance if sharing the flight with other people or seat distribution will be on first come – first serve basis? Or depending on individual passenger’s weight for balancing the chopper?
Any opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ESET 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACT ESET Techh care
- 2 Best European City combine with Marrakech….
- 3 6 day rough itinerary
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 6 Israel - West Bank, banksy, Jordan (Petra), or other 1 day tour advice
- 7 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 8 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 9 South Africa in March
- 10 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 11 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 12 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 13 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 14 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 15 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 16 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 17 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 18 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 19 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 20 help me to visit Morocco
- 21 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 22 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 23 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 24 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 25 Morocco road condition