Our first trip to East Africa - we would be travelling with our 4 year daughter, for about 12 days in Kenya and Tanzania. The broad plan is to go to Mara, then move to Serengeti and Ngorongoro. We then need to choose between Amboseli or fly to Zanzibar for some beach time.
The number of operators and camps is quite overwhelming. I have gone through a lot of info and trip reports on this forum and some camps under consideration are:
- Andbeyond Kitchwa Tembo tented camp, Masai mara
- Serengati options within Andbeyond are really expensive. Here Lamai Serengati or Serengeti Safari camp by Nomad Tanzania looks like good options
- andbeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is again ridicously expensive so alternative accommodation suggestions are needed here
- if we go to Amboseli, Tortilis looks like a good choice.
- if we go to Zanzibar, haven't figured out resort options as yet
Comments on the above camps and suggestions for camps in Ngorongoro crater and resorts in Zanzibar would be highly appreciated. We are looking at not basic tented accommodation. It needn't be opulent but creature comforts and good food is required.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 YAHOO $ 1888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h by 24*7 $k
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 9 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 17 help me to visit Morocco
- 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 20 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 Morocco road condition
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.