We (myself, husband, three kids --11, 12, 14) are traveling to Botswana for a month--three weeks to volunteer and another week to travel. We will be in the Gaborone area. I am looking into our options for safari but it seems so expensive in Botswana. I am wondering if someone might give me some advice about where we might easily go outside of Botswana? We are NOT looking for luxury or resort-like accomodations at all. We are not trying to spend NO money, just not over the top. Any advice? We plan to fly from Seattle to Gaborone -- looks like through Heathrow where we may actually get off for another two weeks. We could probably swing it through JNB, too. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:570:1233 installations CONTACT HP Tech care??
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Israel - West Bank, banksy, Jordan (Petra), or other 1 day tour advice
- 4 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 5 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 South Africa in March
- 8 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 9 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 12 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 13 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 14 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 15 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 16 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 17 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 18 help me to visit Morocco
- 19 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 20 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 21 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 22 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 23 Morocco road condition
- 24 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 25 Fraudulent Safari Operator