We are currently planning our first trip to Africa. Main focus will be a fly-in safari in Botswana. Timing will be early May. We are very interested in photography and definitely hope to have some big cat sightings.
One itinerary proposal we are considering is:
3 nights Camp Kalahari
3 nights Nxabega
2 nights Selinda
2 nights Ngoma
Main questions we have are:
- for early May, which is a better experience Central Kalahari GR or Makgadikgadi Pans?
- what is average transit time between the Nxabega, Selinda and Ngoma camps?
- is 2 nights at each of Selinda and Ngoma too few? Will this leave us feeling rushed?
- safari vehicles - have read different things about seating configurations - 2 rows vs 3 rows. Anybody know what above listed camps are using?
Feel free to share suggestions! Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://michiganstatevsmaryland.football/
- 2 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 3 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 4 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 8 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 9 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 10 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 11 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 12 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 13 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 14 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 15 help me to visit Morocco
- 16 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 17 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 18 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 19 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 20 Morocco road condition
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 23 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 24 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 25 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days