I am planning a trip to Botswana in December 2011 and been looking at the exhausting list of camps and lodges. Because it is December, I am trying to shortlist camps that will not be as seasonally compromised from a game viewing point of view. I am not up for a lodge/camp whose main selling point is 'fancy' 'relaxed' etc but if the game justifies it, then I do not have any issues against the expensive camps. Obviously the W-S camps are the most marketed and in my point of view justifiably so. However I am simultaneously looking at alternatives to the W-S camps where I could save a few $$$$ that I could then spend on quality guiding. I looked at the option for mobile safaris and have decided to keep that for more 'experienced' subsequent visits. Hence what I am really looking for are good camps with great game experience ( the best for that time of the year) and build a custom safari around it. I have roughly 15 nights to be fully used in Bots and will travel alone. Any thoughts and ideas would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 शिकार epson PRINTER1800:681:7208 CONTACTepson Tec*hh care
- 2 Leishmaniasis Common? - Marrakech?
- 3 Frights to Iran from Bishkek or Tashkent
- 4 Safari is set!
- 5 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 6 Tanzania and Kenya Trip 2018 - advise needed
- 7 Safety in Johannesburg
- 8 Morocco 10 day Itinerary
- 9 South Africa: WESTERN CAPE in spring: Need HELP getting addicted!
- 10 Qatar to Iran
- 11 Sharm el Sheikh - Anyone been recently
- 12 Lebanon Spring 2018
- 13 Sept in Dubai. what to wear
- 14 Ethiopian Tour operators
- 15 visiting Ethiopia as a single female on a low budget
- 16 Tanzanian Tour Operators
- 17 electric devices
- 18 Flying from Florida to Dubai
- 19 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 20 Victoria Falls
- 21 Morocco--rent motorcycle without license
- 22 sahara desert
- 23 Erta Ale ETHIOPIA - any updates?
- 24 STONE TOWN hotel recommendation for 1/14/18
- 25 Feedback on 2-Week South Africa Itinerary?