Back from an amazing trip to South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Working with injured/orphaned wild animals in South Africa, so that is always going to be special!
Then timed Tanzania with migration of wildebeest and zebra perfectly in the Western Corridor, so thanks to all of those who helped me decide where to go. They all seemed to be heading north when we left for Rwanda. We saw so much it was amazing though I will say it was distance gameviewing mostly, wish I had know you could get an off road permit, and I was shocked at how many vehicles we past and at sightings, especially the cats! We were often locked in by other vehicles parked all around us, so guess I am use to seeing a lot less vehicles and animals fairly close in South Africa.
Lastly, Rwanda was amazing both the country and the gorillas. Two relatively easy walks and one that was to be moderate but ended up being long and hard, but fantastic all the same. Quite frankly I am amazed the 8 of us made it out without injury, but due to our great chief guide we did!
Will try and do a summary trip report and working on photos now!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4choice.com/erezan-xtreme-za/
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 9 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 17 help me to visit Morocco
- 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 20 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 Morocco road condition
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.