I guess life is extremely easy when one arrives in Amman--rest of the itinerary falls in place following Ruth's advice. However, I need recommendation when doing it the other way round, i.e., arrriving in Aqaba from Nuweiba. So, here are my questions for my first 2 days in Jordan--please consider the fact that I have only 4-5 days in Jordan. I will be there in the end of the May
1. I will take the fast ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba. As per the new timetable I should arrive in Aqaba at 3 (as they say "insha allah"). My goal was to leave for Wadi Rum the same evening. As per the Jordan Jublee, there would be no public transportation at that time. Does that mean that I will have to take a Taxi--if so how much should it cost?
2. Assuming that I arrive at Wadi Rum around 5 PM. What are my options in terms of tour? Ideally, I would prefer to spend "that" night in Bedouin tent and spend the next day doing the 4x4 jeep tour covering the major attractions mentioned by Ruth. In the evening I would love to head to Petra so that I can visit Petra ruins bright & early the next morning. Once again, I am aware that I would not get a bus from Wadi Rum to Petra in the evening, so I have to get a taxi.
Is this itinerary possible? Also, please feel free to add any recommendation that you think might be appropriate
Any input would be highly valuable
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 2 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 South Africa in March
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 7 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 8 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 9 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 10 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 11 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 12 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 13 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 14 help me to visit Morocco
- 15 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 16 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 17 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 18 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 19 Morocco road condition
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 22 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 23 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 24 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days
- 25 Chefchaouen Report
Aqaba to Wadi Rum in the evening--Transportation logistics