I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip to Kenya with my large extended family to celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary and renew my vows November 17-December 1.
My immediate family and I enjoyed an amazing safari to Kenya and Tanzania 4 years ago. We traveled to the Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Eyasi (which was amazing as we met with very old and remote tribes) and ended in Mombasa. Because of this experience, we want to return to celebrate this milestone.
Our thoughts are to renew our vows at a property in Mombasa, Kenya on Diani Beach. But prior to that, we want to go on safari and this is where I need advice. Specifically, we want to take a short 2-3 day safari in the Mara or Northern Serengeti with our entire family and then after the ceremony, my husband and I want to go to a few more safari locations in Tanzania by ourselves.
Here are my questions:
1. We only have 2-3 days in the Mara before going to Mombasa. We want to see as much resident game and/or the migration if possible. What part of the Mara would you recommend we look at? The dates would be November 19, 20, 21.
2. Can you recommend safari lodges in those areas. We want smaller rather than larger hotel like accomodations with great food and safari outings.
3. After the ceremony, my husband and I will have an additional week to travel back to Tanzania. I would like to go back to the Serengeti and one additional place. I am completly open and want to go where there will be the most game and to see the migration if possible. Where should we go? The dates for safari will be November 26-December 1.
4. Any lodge sugesstions for the Serengeti? We can do permanent or mobile camps and are looking for small, intimate, and special places.
5. In Mombasa, we are looking at Almanara Resort. Has anyone stayed there and are there any other suggestions for Mombasa?
6. Can you recommend a safari tour operator that can help with family coming from multiple locations in the U.S., provide airport transfers, book internal flights, and book the best lodges at a fair price. (I have used CC Africa [now And Beyond] in the past and am looking to pay less per person for this trip and book with someone that easily books other locations than their own.)
Thanks in advance for reading my long post and for giving any feedback possible. I am just getting started now but know that time is of the essence and I have to get moving!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 YAHOO Online @ 1888/260/2909 IN$TALATION recovery CONTACT YAHOO ak47baba
- 2 East Africa (Tanzania) or South (Botswana) Middle June 2018
- 3 Can one free lance In Victoria Falls?
- 4 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 South Africa in March
- 7 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 8 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 9 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 10 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 11 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 12 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 13 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 14 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 17 help me to visit Morocco
- 18 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 19 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 20 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 Morocco road condition
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 25 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.