I'm in need of travel advice for South and East Africa. I will be traveling for 6 weeks. Starting Cape town 29-04-2017 ending my trip Nairobi 11-06-2017. Budget $6K, flights to and from Africa are already paid and excluded of this budget. Travels between the countries are within the above mentioned budget. About me....I'm 35 years old male, fit, healthy and excited . I would say I'm well travelled - done Europe, USA east coast, Canada, Caribbean, China round trip, SEA, Australia round trip, Some post soviet countries, North Africa, West Africa(Ghana), Japan, and whole bunch of ME countries, always travelled all alone never any agency.
While I travel I'm always looking out to get overall feel of those countries I visit. From luxury to the very basics to understand the places I visit. It is the same here and looking forward to get the real African experience.
I would like to see the whole lot, not only safaris/animals but also cities and beautiful landscapes. However, I do not look for any sort of luxuries this time, as I have enough of that around me(living in rich ME country).
What I need from you guys to give me ANY sort of advice as I'm running out of time and I have only 10 days:
- What countries to visit between SA and Kenya and which to avoid plus the reasoning why to visit or not.
- Interesting places to visit in every each of the countries suggested.
- What way to travel between those countries (I would prefer something I can enjoy the real Africa while commuting like busses or vans and travelling by plane only when absolutely necessary - if at all).
- Safety trips
- Maybe some accommodation on budget if you know where and you were very happy with it.
- Parks and Landscape to visit
- Cities to visit
- Must see and experiences
- Must avoid
- Whatever else comes to your minds.
Well it's rather exhausting list but given the time I have and I'm sure that you guys understand it. It is almost impossible to plan it within 10 days so please help me out to plan my itineraries. I will also post the same elsewhere I hope no one has issue with that.
Thanks VERY much!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://michiganstatevsmaryland.football/
- 2 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 3 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 4 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 5 South Africa in March
- 6 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 7 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 8 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 9 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 10 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 11 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 12 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 13 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 14 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 15 help me to visit Morocco
- 16 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 17 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 18 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 19 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 20 Morocco road condition
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 23 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 24 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 25 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days