I am planning a trip to South Africa in late April. While I know 10 days/9 nights is hardly enough to do the country justice, it is all we have to work with. I travel to SA frequently for work but my boyfriend who joining me for this holiday has never been to Africa and I have only traveled a little during my business trips. We are looking to have fun and see and experience as much as possible in the short time, but also to be able to relax and enjoy the activities.
I had thought to do 2-3 nights in Kruger, 2-3 nights Blyde River Canyon, and then 2-3 nights either on the beach in Mozambique or in Cape Town.
I had been told by SA friends that Cape Town was not worth it if traveling with someone who has never seen Africa as it has a "more European, less African vibe", but after reading through other threads I am reconsidering.
My questions are:
- Where to stay/safari in Kruger? I am willing to spend some money here to stay in a 3-4 star lodge
- Thoughts on Blyde River Canyon? worth going?
- Cape Town vs Mozambique?
Any other comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flying from Seattle to Morocco
- 2 Safari Camera Lens - Follow Up Thread
- 3 Anyone been to Mashatu Game Reserve?
- 4 South Africa in March
- 5 Dubai Dubai Airport Traffic to get to a hotel on time
- 6 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 7 Looking walking tour in Dar Es Salaam
- 8 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 9 Is January a good time to visit Tanzania
- 10 Mara Safari in June - Camera Lens Recommendation
- 11 Any recent experiences with Ethiopian Air Coach
- 12 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 13 Three Days In Tel Aviv
- 14 help me to visit Morocco
- 15 9 days itinerary help and some other questions
- 16 Question about tours from Cape Town
- 17 Yes, we went to Sudan and we LOVED it! A Trip Report
- 18 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 19 Morocco road condition
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Fraudulent Safari Operator
- 22 Travelling with Egypt Air with Umrah Visa.
- 23 Where to visit in Wadi Rum
- 24 Tour guide/ driver cost in Cape Town for a family of 4 fir 3 to 4 days
- 25 Chefchaouen Report