Zululand Tree Lodge: Hluhluwe

Oct 23rd, 2000, 01:57 PM
Celia

Zululand Tree Lodge: Hluhluwe

Yes, Joseph, we stayed there in November 1999, and it was great. We paid about that same price, but had to pay extra for lunch. It isn't super luxurious, only luxurious. The guides are really good, very knowledgeable. You'll see rhinos so close you won't be able to believe it.

The accommodations were beautiful,the food was good, the pool was nice, but they were building a pond while we were there and the construction stuff was kind of an eyesore. We just looked the other way though. We found the ambiance, furnishings, decor, just delightful. There's a big fever tree forest in the reserve, and the dining area (not a room, it's sort of outdoors, but covered) has a restful view of the fireplace and fever trees. The evening game drive is especially nice. You'll see why when you get there.

We too thought the price was low and asked why; the staff said it was because it had recently changed hands and the new parent corporation wanted to set the price low to attract business. Personally, I suspect they are trying to attract European and South African rather than American clients, and so are not pricing themselves up with Phinda etc.

Gosh, thinking about it is making me away-sick!

Oct 24th, 2000, 12:11 PM
joseph cameron

Thanks, Celia - That's exactly what I needed to hear. We have our reservation and are just waiting for confirmation via e-mail. So, we'll definitely go. Your description was wonderful - I cannot wait. Thanks, JC

Jan 24th, 2001, 02:46 PM
Jerald

Please give me their e-mail address. This place sounds like I can afford it for the wife & I.

Jan 31st, 2001, 08:57 AM
Celia

Do a search for "zululand tree lodge" using Google, and you'll get many references from different agencies who can handle your booking there. Look at several of the sites it finds, because they all have different really good pictures of the place.

Makes me wanta go back!!

Search this Thread