Zula Nyala - Richard's Bay

Mar 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Zula Nyala - Richard's Bay

My wife & I are planning a 2 week trip & have a 6 day safaris with Zula Nyala. A couple of questions:
1 - When is the best time to go to see the new borns of the season?
2 - What other sights should we see in the Richard's Bay area?
3 - Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated!
Mar 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM

We were nearby in the Zululand Rhino Reserve last June. I would spend a few nights in St Lucia - lots to do with beaches, croc/hippo boat tours, horseback safaris. The area is a UNESCO preserve and the beaches/parks are beautiful.

I don't know what is the best time for animal babies. I just received a pic from ZZR and they have a newborn rhino. I'd contact ZN and ask them.

I can't remember if it was just north or south of Hluhluwe, but right on the main highway there is a very nice craft market. Many vendors, lots of variety and most items seemed hand crafted by local artists. Prices are set, no haggling (I prefer that).

There are many other camps. 6 days in one place is a lot. Why only ZN? Tembe Elephant Park was much better than we expected, and it's pretty close. Lots of options in many price ranges. Are you going to Hluhluwe NP?
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanx for the info. We purchased our safaris at a charity auction & look forward to the experience, but are looking to find other activities to do while visiting the area. There is much to do, but we don't want to spread ourselves too thin, but enjoy our time. We can always go back..!

Search this Thread