Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Zimbabwe visa purchase when traveling by shuttle from Kasane to Livingston (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/zimbabwe-visa-purchase-when-traveling-by-shuttle-from-kasane-to-livingston-648811/)

JaneB Sep 25th, 2006 06:05 AM

Zimbabwe visa purchase when traveling by shuttle from Kasane to Livingston

Will I need to buy a visa upon entering Zimbabwe on a shuttle bus from Kasane to Livingston?

If so, will I be able to purchase a double-entry visa at that border?--our flight leaves from Victoria Falls so I will need a visa to get to the airport.

I am a US citizen.
Thanks for any information!
Jane

mkhonzo Sep 25th, 2006 10:18 AM

JaneB.
yes you can purchase the visa on entry at Kasane. You shoulld be able to get a re-entry visa, although I am not up-to-date on the costs.

Are you only using Zimbabwe for flights and not staying in the country at all? I would urge you to save yourself the additional cost by looking at flying out of LVI, I am sure that arranging atransfer to LVI via the Kazangula crossing will be around the same price and is easy enough to do.

matnikstym Sep 25th, 2006 06:02 PM

we;re flying into Livingstone, driving across to Vic Falls, 5 nights in Namibia, flying to Kasane, driving to Vic Falls, 4 nights in Hwange then depart from Livingstone. We're told we'd have to buy visas twice for Zam and twice for Zim (though the Zim could be a double entry visa) it was still cheaper this way than flying into/out of VFA from JNB

santharamhari Sep 25th, 2006 08:18 PM

Dennis,

Can't you get a visa waiver, if you are staying at any of the Zambia lodges? I think that's what we did when we spent a couple nights in Livingstone last year (Songwe Village)

Can't wait to hear your comments from Hwange. It's very high on my list of places to visit.

Hari

matnikstym Sep 25th, 2006 10:49 PM

Hari, we're not staying in Zambia this trip. Land in Livingstone, drive directly to Ilala Lodge in Vic Falls, then 5 nights Islands In Africa (Namibia) 4 nights Hwange then 1 night at Vic Falls Hotel, so no visa waiver this time!

santharamhari Sep 25th, 2006 10:53 PM

Oh, ok....trip sounds super!!! regardless....caprivi strip, Hwange and the falls....when do you leave?

Hari

JaneB Sep 26th, 2006 08:30 AM

Mkhonzo, I would like to travel from Kasane to Livingston for 2 nights and then travel from Livingston to Victoria Falls for 1 night. Our flight back to US leaves from Victoria Falls on British Air--AA frequent flyer miles!
I will work on finding a shuttle from Kasane to Livingston via the Kazangula crossing. Thanks for the suggestion.
Jane

matnikstym Sep 26th, 2006 09:04 AM

Hari, I leave October 25...4 weeks from tomorrow!

santharamhari Sep 26th, 2006 08:36 PM

Round the corner, Dennis....fantastic!!!

Hari