Zanzibar or bust!

Dec 14th, 1998, 10:08 AM
Jason Metcalf

Zanzibar or bust!

I am a little impetuous. I am planning a trip to Tanzania/Zanzibar in January. I was wondering what advice people have. Is it cheap? What are the nicest budget accomidations that I can find near a beach and a dive shop. I there anywhere near a night life? I have no clue.....but that is what makes traveling fun for me. Last Year I went to Belize and Honduras with no idea what I was going to do, and I had a blast!!!

Dec 23rd, 1998, 07:52 AM
nikki

We went to Zanzibar in October for our Honeymoon. It was fab. The book you must get is Zanzibar and Islands By David Else. It is cheap by UK standards but in comparison to the rest of Tanzania it is more expensive. Good accomadation is $30 USD per doulbe room.
Food anything from 3 USD per person at Fordamia Garden to 35usd for 7 course meal at Emerson and Green rooftop resturant, both we would totally recommend. The east coast is excellent the north brilliant, the people wonderful and i am very jealous that you are going. Have a wonderful time, happy holidays.
Nikki McIntyre. Cotswolds UK.

Jan 7th, 2000, 11:13 AM
Carol

Don't miss 'Samburu Two Tables' for Dinner or Mr. Mitu's Spice tour in Stonetown!!!

Jan 29th, 2000, 05:58 AM
Kay

I am planning a trip to Zanzibar in the fall and would love to hear from others that have been there about the best places to stay, eat, and explore.
Which other islands did you go to see?
What tours did you enjoy? All info appreciated.

Search this Thread