Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Zambian News Articles Of Interest...Full Moon Rainbow Over Victoria Falls

Zambian News Articles Of Interest...Full Moon Rainbow Over Victoria Falls

Apr 30th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Zambian News Articles Of Interest...Full Moon Rainbow Over Victoria Falls

http://www.lowdown.co.zm/2005/2005-04/rainbow.htm

(about full moon rainbows over Victoria Falls)

During a full moon, there is actually a rainbow (or rainbows) over Victoria Falls, and it is possible to visit the falls during a full moon if you or your lodge/hotel sets it up in advance.

http://www.lowdown.co.zm/2005/2005-03/nogoingback.htm

(the story behind the construction of the luxurious Luangwa River Lodge in South Luangwa, as well as a review of the lodge)

Sidenote...Luangwa River Lodge is $350 pp per night sharing for the first 3 nights and $300 pp per night sharing for any additional nights for international travelers in high season.

For low season, it is only $250 pp per night sharing for the first 3 nights and $200 pp per night sharing for any additional time for internationl travelers.

(The article mentions low season pricing for locals, as The Lowdown is a Zambian magazine)

The Lowdown is a great source for local Zambian information, including reviews on luxury camps/lodges.

www.lowdown.co.zm
Apr 30th, 2005, 04:49 PM

I will be checking my calendar before my next Vic Falls visit. What a sight that would be. Thanks.

Search this Thread