Zambia has finally come into it's own!

Aug 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Zambia has finally come into it's own!

Look out Rocco, the rest of the world is about to find out about your hidden jewel!

No Reason Why Zambia's Tourism Can't Boom

"A window of opportunity exists for Zambia to place itself as one of the premier eco-cultural and adventure tourism destinations of the region.

Endowed with an array of breath-taking sites dotted countrywide, the country also boasts flora and fauna so rare some of it doesn't exist anywhere else in the world."

The link to the rest of the article on our favorite website Allafrica.com:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200408190466.html
Aug 21st, 2004, 01:40 PM

Divewop,

Honestly, when I think about a "FUN" safari/vacation, there is no place that I think of more than Zambia.

The Lower Zambezi National Park is excellent for canoeing, and I guess in high season, also excellent for all gameviewing, and does have walking safaris from about June - November.

South Luangwa National Park is just spectacular, again with walking safaris and excellent gameviewing, especially in the drier months of August - October.
It is such a huge park and staying less than a week would just not do it justice. The area around Kaingo is so amazingly beautiful and to be right on the riverbanks with all the hippos right below is an awesome experience.

Then, of course, there is Victoria Falls. Besides the actual falls, there is white water rafting, canoeing, bungee jumping and so many more activities that I would like to enjoy on a future visit.

I haven't mentioned Lochinvar for its excellent birding or Kafue National Park, which I believe is right up there with Selous in terms of size, dwarfing most other parks.

Zambia is an amazing and beautiful place!

Search this Thread