help on 2 camps in Tanzania

Old Oct 21st, 2005, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help on 2 camps in Tanzania

Hello again
I have tried to get more details on the forum on two camps my travel agency Africatravelsource advised me (if someone has any view on this company as well...).
Piaya camp and Masek Camp (both in the Serengeti) for next february. They both look very nice, but having no advices on them get me a bit scared....!! many thks in advance
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:18 AM
bat

Hi pascal:
I saw your other post but had no advice re whether these are appropriate for your 8 year olds. The camps themselves are seasonal camps run by Nomad--Nomad is very highly regarded. So if your question is whether the camps themselves are good--they should be top quality for a seasonal camp of its type. Because they are seasonal, Nomad has placed them where they think it most appropriate for that time of year.

You have seen the website information --would a 4 tent camp be a good choice for your children? Perhaps other parents would have an opinion about that.

As for ATR I have booked with them but have not yet traveled with them. I, too, will be staying at the Masek and Piaya Nomad camps and expect them to be the highlight of my trip.

We are expecting a trip report soon from someone who just traveled to TZ through ATR [although I do not believe she was staying at the Nomad camps].
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Bat
At least I feel a bit better that others chose these camps as not seeing any comments on them made me a bit nervous !!! From the description on the website and the enthousiasm of the lady from ATR (who was there last year), I got very excited to go there. Even if I think it would be a wonderful experience for children (they will be nearly 9), it can sounds crasy to stay in the middle of the jungle (at least I think I would share my tent with my son, and my wyfe with my daughter !). But in the same time, you should feel so much better in such small and quality structure than in big hotel !!! I would love to hear experience of Nomads camps !! When are you going yourself ?
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
bat

pascal:
I am going to respond on your other thread. It is better to have all of your questions together. I would like to see you receive some advice about your question about traveling with your 8 year old children. So look for my answer there.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:30 AM
bat

by the way--in case you don't know how to find your other thread, you can click on your name at the top of this one.