Yet another Wedding and Honeymoon!

May 7th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Yet another Wedding and Honeymoon!

Hi
I am so pleased to have found this site, the information is amazing!! Thanks!

We are planning on getting married either the last two weeks of November or in the month of December. To be perfectly honest it is a recent decision and so the dates are still a bit vague!! We would like to get married and have our honeymoon on safari, (avoid all the wedding stresses!!) As you can see I keep mentioning the word safari without actually mentioning a country!! Well that is one of the dilemmas! Where do we go at this time of year to have an amazing wedding and honeymoon.

We have been thinking of Ulusaba for 3 days (wedding package) and then either staying on for another 3 days (my fiance is not great at flying!!!) or going to Simbambili for the final 3 days. We are on a sort of budget and at these prices can only really stay for about a week.

We would love to naturally see the Big 5, take a balloon trip, and possibly some white water rafting although that is not a major consideration. Where would you guys suggest, we are not limited to SA, the time frame is limited to Nov/Dec and we do want a week of fantastic safari with luxury! Thanks for your help.
Jocelyn
May 7th, 2005, 07:23 AM

Jocelyn,

For your other 3 nights, I would suggest that you move onto another game lodge. I endorse your idea of Simbambili, especially for November/December, when it would be warm enough to take advantage of their private plunge pools.

It should be a very short flight to Simbambili, or if you don't mind a long drive that may be a little more expensive than the flight, then a drive will also be possible.

Have you followed the Leopards Of Simbambili series?

http://www.tagasafaris.co.za/african...-04-may-05.htm

Search this Thread