Notices

Yellow fevor shot or capsules

Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Yellow fevor shot or capsules

Will be going to AFRICA AND ONE PHARMACIST STATED NOT INNOCULATUION BUT CAPSULES ONE TAKES ABOUT 5 DAYS BEFORE TRIP. Is this correct? I have always assumed it was an innoculation.
Mar 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM

Typhoid protection is available as either a single injection, or 4 days of taking a capsule once daily. I don't think that's the case for Yellow Fever (injection only).
Mar 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM

YF is an inoculation.

Typhoid is tabs (though as Cateyes555 mentions), recall also the option for a jab. Believe the difference is how long either tab or jab last over the long-term. I've never taken Typhoid for my visits to Africa.
Mar 24th, 2013, 10:41 AM

I have done both the injection and the capsules for typhoid (at different times). The difference is that the capsules have a longer protection time (can't recall what it is right now though - 2 years vs 1 year for injection?) But I would actually elect now to just get the injection. The reason is that you have to take the capsules on an empty stomach and wait 2 hrs to eat - daily for 4 days. I found this to be a pain, and would just elect the jab now since I'm not bothered by injections.

Search this Thread