WOW...has anybody seen this place in Zanzibar???...

Dec 2nd, 2003, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

WOW...has anybody seen this place in Zanzibar???...

www.palms-zanzibar.com

Each villa measures over 130 sq. meters (about 1,400 sq. ft.) and the place looks incredible. Definitely deserving of three nights. Not the culture of Emerson & Green in Stone Town, but definitely a nice way to break up a safari.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner included, as well as laundry service and all drinks.

Cannot find the price yet, but anything under $600 USD per night would be worth it.

Anybody been here or know anybody who has been here???????
Dec 2nd, 2003, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Looks like it is about 215 British Pounds per person. What's that, about $350 USD per person per night???

Very expensive, considering it is nothing more than a resort, but I will definitely consider it, as I think Scared To Death will like this place 10 times more than she would Emerson & Green.
Dec 2nd, 2003, 08:32 PM

$372 as of today's exchange on xe. (rates vary depending on who's doing the exchange of course).
Dec 2nd, 2003, 09:30 PM

Rocco
I was in Pemba and Zanzibar (Unguja) 2 weeks ago. This Palms resort is quite new.

Keep in mind that the East Coast where this resort is located is extremely tidal. You will not be able to swim in the ocean for the majority of the day, if this is your aim.

If your aim is to stay on a luxury compound with a bunch of other Europeans, then this may be what you are looking for.

Again, I think you may go stir crazy if you are not into hanging by the pool or snorkeling. There is nothing else to do. Stone town has much more culturally (1.5 hour drive away)

Search this Thread