WONDERFUL TREATMENT

Mar 14th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

WONDERFUL TREATMENT

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Egypt and could not have been treated better. We were met at the airport by a representative from Ancient Royal Tours. From that moment on we were very well taken care of. They cared about us and made sure that we had everything that we needed. Our Egyptologist, Maha, turned out to be such a good friend and made our time in Cairo fantastic. She attended to every detail...every meal and restaurant she picked were wonderful. I just can not say enough about this group of people. We originally had booked through Global TOurs in the states and the treatment we received from Richard was to say the least, not good. As it turned out we did get almost everything he said we would get, but with no documentation unless we demanded it....in email....Ayman Reda, the owner of Ancient Royal Touts, Global's connection in Egypt, heard of the many troubles we had with Richard and felt he needed to make things right for us. He more than went out of his way even though we kept telling him it was not his fault.

We left with a wonderful feeling about Egypt and it's people and I, for one, plan on coming back in the future. I would trust Ancient Royal Tours with whatever I plan on doing....Global did do what they said they would but Richard kept so much of the information to himself and just said everything will be fine....well it did turn out that it was but we were 4 women going over there alone and wanted and needed more documentation to feel comfortable.

By the way, the shopping is wonderful in Egypt which seems to be a well kept secret.....jewelry is exquisite....shoes are cheap and fashionable....many other things like purses and scarves are beautiful...enjoy this wonderful and amazing country and it's people...We did!!!!

Betsy Hill
Mar 14th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Er, thanks for your first post on Fodor's and your multiple mentions of the tour company you used.
Mar 14th, 2008, 10:26 PM

yeah - thanks for the post.

SO - what did you see in Egypt???? Where did you stay? Did you do a cruise? If so, what boat?

People are always asking for recommendations. How about some details?
Mar 15th, 2008, 05:34 AM

Is the name of Mr. Reda's company really Ancient Royal Touts?
Mar 15th, 2008, 05:56 AM

ekscrunchy - Could be!!!! :-?
Mar 15th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

LOLOLOL....No the name is really Ancient Royal Tours.....sorry I was tired when I wrote that. I can not recommend them enough....in fact Maha is coming to this country this summer and will be visiting me part of the time...I am so anxious to show her my part of this country..

Betsy
Mar 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Hi there,

You asked where we stayed and what we did. Upon our arrival in Cairo we stayed at the Marriott. It was great with very nice service. We followed the tour recommendations as to what we saw and did...our tour guide picked restaurants and she did a wonderful job. Maha was like an old friend and treated us as such. She would say I am here for you ...you tell me what you want. We saw the usual things near Cairo and then after couple of day we went on the Alexandria...it is completely differnt from Caira....loved the change..then back to Cairo and Marriotte where the help remembered us by name. Welcomed us back...wonder if that was because we cause problems??? LOL...
From there we flew to Luxor where we boarded the ship. We were on the newest and most beautiful ship...the Sonesta Line and the ship was the St George.....if you look at Glogal Gate Vacations you can see where we went while on the Nile....they have a great trip plan but the man we dealt with left lots to be desired...the owner Sheriff, spelled wrong I am sure, was pleasant but we could not get him until almost time to leave. Imagine someone who works in any business telling a client never to call him again....that you are nothing but trouble. That is what Richard, from Global, told my friend when she tried to get vouchers etc....read her email from Feb 20 or so saying Help...leaving for Egypt and need info...something like that.
After Nile cruise, which was wonderful, back to Cairo and staying our last days at the 4 Seasons. This is where the owner of the Ancient Royal Tours treated us like royality...Mr. Reda went way out of his way to make up for Globals treatment of us....not really his fault but it was wonderful....again I highly recommend them....

Betsy Hill