Women traveling in Morocco-go with Heritage Tours

May 1st, 2004, 09:08 AM
ECS
Original Poster

Women traveling in Morocco-go with Heritage Tours

I just returned from Morocco. I arranged for my own private guide (don't like tour groups) for a 10 day tour through Fes, the Sahara, Marrekech and the High Atlas Mountains. Colleagues, friends and guidebook had warned me about harassment and potential threats towards Americans given the current socio-political situation between America and the Muslim culture.

I booked the tour through Heritage Tours. After traveling extensively through Western/Eastern Europe and Russia, I can say that Morocco was the best trip I have ever taken. It's a country of vast natural beauty, ancient heritage and history.

There wasn't a moment where I felt threatened or nervous. I felt entirely safe and relaxed to explore to my hearts content. My tour guide, Omar Chouiyakh was amazing. In addition to being extremely knowledgeable, he took me to places off the beaten track and showed me Morocco's inner soul. Moroccans are kind and generous people.

I highly recommend Heritage Tours and Omar Chouiyakh. The hotels they chose were beautiful and they worked closely with me to develop a personalised itinerary that suited my needs. Everything on the tour ran smoothly and was meticulously efficient.

Search this Thread