Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   wire transfers to egypt-egyptian highlights (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/wire-transfers-to-egypt-egyptian-highlights-572600/)

skitrees Nov 23rd, 2005 09:23 PM

wire transfers to egypt-egyptian highlights

I have tried to do a wire transfer to Egyptian Highlights from my US account and apparently it has been denied as the account name of the receiver is very close to the name of someone who is blacklisted (by the govt I assume) Has anyone paid them from the States. Did you have any problems like this?

skitrees Nov 24th, 2005 02:41 AM

This is all a bit strange-if anyone has paid Egyptian Highlights by wire transfer-can you tell me the name of the account you sent money to? Thanks.

sandi Nov 24th, 2005 04:48 AM

Did you email Egyptian Highlights advising them of your problem. If they have a similar name to another company that should be aware of this; that they are on a "blacklist." Maybe they can advise you further.

travelaw Nov 25th, 2005 05:14 PM

We wired money to Egypt Highlights a few weeks ago through Bank of America and it went just fine. It took about 5 days. Walaa should be able to give you the exact info you need, but if you want to send me an email directly, I will send you back the info I have: [email protected]

Thyra Nov 26th, 2005 07:39 AM

I emailed money to Egyptian Highlights last summer through Washington Mutual in Los Angeles and didn't have any trouble at all other then it was really expensive fee from my bank. (took about 10 days to fully process) Did you double check that everything was correct. I think it goes to Madgys attention Bourak tours... I would email Walaa and see what she suggests. But I find this rather odd... perhaps go to a different bank.

Thyra Nov 26th, 2005 07:41 AM

Oh, my email is [email protected], I can look up the account info and send it to you directly... but it's all filed in my office.

Thyra Nov 26th, 2005 11:57 AM

Oh it just occured to me re-reading this post. You mention Egyptian Highlights. I think the company name is Egypt Highlights.. could that be the problem, do you think?

skitrees Nov 27th, 2005 06:32 AM

It's the same company-Egypt Highlights.
Unfortunately I can't access another bank as I don't live in the US-we just have the one account there. Apparently it is the foregn assests control org who blocked the payment-not the bank.

travelaw Nov 27th, 2005 03:47 PM

We were warned that a transfer to Egypt might be a problem -- while ours wasn't, I'm sorry to read that yours was. Egypt Highlights should really offer to take credit card payments and just add the fee to the price -- I've seen other organizations do that. BTW, I found my wire info -- if you want to email me I will email you back -- my email address for Fodor's purposes is above -- I don't think I should post the bank info here.

skitrees Nov 28th, 2005 02:42 PM

Travelaw,
I have tried twice to email you but it won't go through. Could you check the address you gave me. Thanx

travelaw Nov 29th, 2005 06:12 AM

skitrees, I don't know why the email address is not working -- it is correct -- but here is another one you can try -- [email protected] -- hopefully that will work.