wine country s a

Apr 19th, 2002, 07:14 AM
cwill

wine country s a

what is the cost of a tour to the wine country in capetown?

Apr 19th, 2002, 12:00 PM
james

From my own experience, I would suggest doing it yourself - rent a car etc. If you are staying in Cape Town, your hotel could organise a tour. If you've got some cash, take a heli trip from the Waterfront - if you have $'s or £'s or similar it is relatively cheap!

Apr 19th, 2002, 09:28 PM
sandy

Trevor Earl is a guide in Cape Town who specializes in wine tours. He and his wife Tessa Redman offer all kinds of tours in the area. They're great people and terrific guides and extremely reasonable. The exchange rate in S. A. is fantastic! I'd be glad to provide you with his contact information if you will email me.

Apr 20th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Christi

We stayed in Stellenbach and toured the Franschoek (spelling wrong, sorry) area. If you go there, be sure and tour the Cabriere Estate Vinyard. It is a lovely place that makes a delightful Rose sparkling (method champagnoise) and a very nice Rattifia. It is a fun tour, the owner... I think his name was Hans or something ... was funny, we got to open the bottles with sabers and then had a side trip to his delightful restaurant located in a mock wine cellar. You won't be disappointed.

Search this Thread