Search

Shoes and safari in Kenya

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Tina

Shoes and safari in Kenya

Everything is booked. We will spend 2 weeks in March in four different places. But what shoes to pack? What did you wear during your safari?

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 05:14 AM
kavey

Tina<BR><BR>Where are you going?<BR>What kind of safari?<BR><BR>We went on a flying/ jeep safari with some time in mokoro canoes too.<BR><BR>But not really any walking.<BR><BR>So I wore a cross between walking shoes and trainers (sneakers).<BR><BR>They were supportive and slightly higher at the ankle than regular trainers, but not as hard as regular walking boots, didnt need to break them in at all, vrey comfy.<BR><BR>I didn't bother with sandals, which I had packed, because there were spiders and crawlies and things, and also, in June it was pretty cool in the early morning and evenings, enough to have gloves, scarf, hat...<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 02:51 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Lisa

Dress is comfortable and casual while at safari resorts. Long lightweight pants, shorts, t shirts, shirts and a light windbreaker in neutral colors will be good. Closed, comfortable shoes and a pair of sandals will be sufficient. Don't forget the bathing suit.Unless you will also be going to city hotels, don't bother with dressy outfits.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:35 AM
kavey

topping for david

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Sue

The first time on jeep safari I wore trainer type shoes and my feet were always hot and uncomfortable.<BR>Since then I have always worn a good sturdy pair of walking sandles which are both cool and comfortable.