Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > WIndhoek: Rivendell or Villa Verdi or Pension Cristoph or Pension Moni

WIndhoek: Rivendell or Villa Verdi or Pension Cristoph or Pension Moni

Jun 18th, 2003, 09:20 PM
owl
Original Poster

WIndhoek: Rivendell or Villa Verdi or Pension Cristoph or Pension Moni

Hello! We would like your opinion on where to stay in Windhoek. We will have flown two overnights on AA and BA to get there and will be exhausted. So we would like cheapest place that would be comfortable (since the rest of our trip is quite pricey!). Here are the prices and places we're considering:

Rivendell US$29
Cristoph US$47
Moni US$58
Villa Verdi US$87

Thank you!
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:25 AM

We stayed at Rivendell twice in late October last year- it was very nice with secured parking, but the rooms were super HOT. The rooms were lovely with large bathrooms and a strong ceiling fan, however the fan really didn't help much. So after traveling over 24 hours and arriving at Rivendell at 11pm, we were frustrated that it was too hot to sleep. We counted the minutes until it was time for breakfast. Unless you don't think the heat will be a problem, I would try to find some place in Windhoek with AC.
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:35 AM

We stayed at Christoph in May 2003. We stayed in two different rooms during two parts of the trip. Both were spacious, with big bathrooms. There's secure parking, some covered, some not. The breakfasts were very good. The service was just excellent -- the owner helped us with some phone calls, and provided luggage storage for several days at no charge.

It was May, so AC wasn't needed and I can't remember whether they had it or not, although I have a vague recollection that they did.
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:46 AM
owl
Original Poster

We'll be there in July, which is the coldest month, so the heat is not a worry at night. I'm leaning toward Rivendell as long as it's nice otherwise??? I sure is cheap! And Lonely Planet lists it as the best value in Windhoek.
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:56 AM

If you are going in July and the weather is cool, then go for Rivendell. It's a very nice B&B with helpful and friendly staff. Rivendell is owned by Cardboard Box, so they can assist with any bookings.

Search this Thread