Will be traveling to Israel at the end of March

Mar 7th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Rebbeca

Will be traveling to Israel at the end of March

I have a trip planned for the end of March to Israel. It will be my first time there and I have been looking forward to it for some time now. I will be going with my boyfriend who is Israeli and he has assured me that it is safe, but I am having second thoughts because of the current conditions. Every time I turn on the news all I see is chaos. Please Help any advice will be appreciated, is there certain areas or places that I should avoid?? Should I postpone my trip for a later date??

Mar 8th, 2002, 01:04 AM
safe

well, it is very safe. As long as YOu dont use a bus, visit markets, drive in cars, go out on the streets, visit discos, buy in supermarkets ... Just 300 died in Isreal/Palestina last week, not a lot of for war.

Mar 20th, 2002, 09:08 PM
RJ

don't tempt fate. i am an american living in the gulf region of the middle east and travel extensively in the region. i was here on 9/11, i was in s'pore when they foiled the al queda plot to blow up the us&brit embassies, and in indonesia shortly thereafter when indonesia was suspected of harbouring terrorists by the un. now the only time i have been nervous travelling was when i was in beirut 2 weeks back and lebanon is barely a part of this conflict. after telling cab drivers, etc., that i was canadian (when asked), they laughed and told me how much they hate americans and would kill one if had the chance. no joke. give it time until it settles down.

Mar 21st, 2002, 01:05 PM
Faina

I went to Israel when everybody at home told me I'm insane to go there at the time of possible Iraqi attack and taking a son with me. It turned out to be a wonderful trip. RJ, I'm reading your post: beirut, lebanon, hatred... so what else is new? "IT" did not settle since May 14 1948 and who knows how much longer? So what, we should all postpone our trips and sit here being scared? NO WAY!!!!!

Search this Thread