wildlife in tinga area of kruger

Dec 13th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

wildlife in tinga area of kruger

I understand that tinga lodges are actually in kruger park itself. It looks to me from a map that it is on the border of sabi sands.
In the past i have stayed in sabi sands and had great viewing, do you think the same will hold true for tinga? Can i assume i will see the big five and cheetah if i stay 3 days?
I know there are no guarentees but just want to have a high probability.
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:50 PM

havent been myself, but have a friend that just went in late november to tinga. he stayed for either 2 or 3 nights and saw 3 of the big five (lion, elephant, buffalo). no sightings of leopards, rhino or cheetah. if you want a high probability go to mala mala, singita, or londolozi. the tinga lodge was incredible though i'm told and my friend had a great time.
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:13 AM

Having been to Tinga, I think that the lodge is really amazing but the game is definatly not up to scratch.

If you want an awesome game experiance and a wonderful lodge Dulini at Exter is another one of my favourites and the big 5 is in abundance
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

debbi
could you expound on what you mean the game is not up to scratch.
What did you and did you not see. How many nights were you there. Would you say that the drives were boring??
having been on safari several times before will i be disaponted or will i still have a good time? will the luxury accomidations make up for it. thanks as you are helpinhgt me decide where to spend my next safari

Search this Thread