Kenya end of march- beginning of April 2012

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am finding conflicting info about the weather in kenya during the end of march- early April. Some are saying it will be rainy others say it will be ok. Is it true animals will be hard to see? Will there be good opportunities for photography? I really want to go this year but right now the prices for July are way too expensive. I found a decent price for this coming march/April for flights and I'm currently looking for a safari. The trip will be 7-8 days. Should I consider holding off until the end of December or next summer? In the summer and end of December I have a longer vacation but like I mentioned this summer is quite expensive. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 06:34 PM

"Some are saying it will be rainy others say it will be ok."
They are right. Unpredictable March-April for a week, especially nowadays.

"I found a decent price for this coming march/April for flights and I'm currently looking for a safari. The trip will be 7-8 days."

What is the cost/itinerary? If you list that, you can get some ideas on how much of a bargain it is.

I'd wait until a longer vacation in Dec. If you conclude your trip before about Dec 20, there should be offseason pricing. Into the Christmas/New Year prices shoot up.

Good luck.
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Flight is $1158pp. I have various quotes from safari offers that range from $770pp to $1500pp. If I go in December it will be after Dec 20 due to my job. It would be nice to stay longer and if that's not possible ill consider next summer. I'm constantly looking for deals for this summer, may e I'll get lucky!
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 05:59 AM

If your Dec time is holiday time, that is no bargain.

Looking at a few rates, June 1-30 seems to be a bit lower for some camps. That could work for you.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...I mighty just push it till next year . But at least I will have a little more time and money.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM

If after 20th Dec at those prices, would like to know what they are offering? This is peak season holiday rates, so wonder if this is a 'group' or 'private trip? Where visiting, where staying? Are those 7-8 days all safari?

At those figures, when you consider that DAILY park fees can range between $60-100, guide/vehicle at avg $225, there's not much left to lay your head.