Why is Iberia so cheap in comparison?

Oct 15th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Why is Iberia so cheap in comparison?

Anyone know anything about Iberia? Why are their fares so much lower than the rest?
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:47 AM
sandi

Iberia has had a special for about a year now, running somewhere in the range of $850 r/t between the States (NYC) and Spain. Natually it requires a stop in Spain. But if your ongoing connection (layover) isn't a long one, then go with price. Also check to see what their schedule is for the return trip. Sometimes there are good connections in one direction and not the other. Iberia might also hope that you decide to spend a few days in their country.

Oct 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM

I flew Iberia from Arizona to Johannesburg in September via Chicago and Madrid returning first week of October. This airline is no better or worse than any other in my opinion. I flew steerage (tourist class) which is ok for me being 5'8" in height. This was a long journey with an 18 hour layover in Madrid. I paid 990 usd total for this R/T flight and got a 'daystay' hotel room free from Iberia as part of their Madrid Amigo program on the website. Some fellow passengers I saw on the last leg didn't realize Iberia comped hotel rooms and spent a looong day waiting around. Once again for the money this airline was okay. Got my special order veggie meal right every flight and had great seating (whole row on both flights to/from Jo-berg - great for 10-hour ride). I would do this trip again for the price as I easily saved about 700 to 800 usd as opposed to flying SAA from Atlanta or New york.

Search this Thread