Who was your Private Safari with?

Jan 9th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Who was your Private Safari with?

Who was your Private Safari with? And do you recommend them? Looking to book out of Arusha for Tanzania permanent tented camps
Tangarie Tree Tops, Migration Camp, and
Ngrong. Crater Lodge anyone stay at these.
How are they?
Jan 9th, 2004, 03:24 PM

I used Roy Safaris out of Arusha, Tanzania on our trip in 2002 and will be using them again this year. While they may not be the least expensive, although they do have very competitive prices, they deliver on what they promise. Their vehicles are in impeccable condition, guides are very knowledgable and not one glitch in a 17 day trip. I've just received word that Migration Camp is in receivership, so its future is unknown - and that is a tragedy. We've stayed at the Crater Lodge, and while it was an experience, I felt it was almost decadent. The chalets have little entrance ways, and the front door opens into the sleeping/sitting areas. The sitting areas have leather arm chairs with foot stools in front of the fireplace, with a decanter of sherry and two glasses nearby. The beds have electrict blankets. The bathrooms are, I have to admit, my favorite. Cast iron tub under a chandalier, with his and her pedestal sinks seperated by an open-air shower. There are hairdryers and more light switches than I ever figured out what to do with! When you arrive at the lodge, you are greeted with staff holding warm, rose-scented towels to clean your hands and wash up a bit - a nice touch considering we were at the Crater in the dry season! Anyway, I am sure you will get lots of responses ...
Jan 10th, 2004, 04:37 AM

See my post from 12-22 to 1-5 trip report. We used Nomad Tanzania for our private safari and had a great time. Only glitch was booking at Serena on the rim of the crater. Great company and great safari.

Search this Thread