Who has been to LITTLE Vumbura?

Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Who has been to LITTLE Vumbura?

Some comments on another thread made me wonder what type of activities you did at Little Vumbura? Was it almost all water activities? Did you do daily game drives? What sort of game did you see?

Little Vumbura is so much less expensive than Vumbura that I thought it would be good to stay there instead since I don't need a fancy place. But I don't want to give up game for all mekoro rides.

If anyone has stayed at both Vumbura and Little Vumbura, that would be a really good comparison. Thanks
Apr 24th, 2005, 06:31 AM

I went to Little Vumbura in 2001 and we concentrated on water activities as we had booked other camps for land ones.

The water activities were magical. The one game drive we did wasn't anything to write home about and nor were those we didn't attend, according to reports from other guests at meal times.

I'd go again though as it's a lovely, intimate camp. That said we chose Jacana as our water camp for 2004 trip and loved it even more...

A search might pull up my reports from 2001...
Apr 24th, 2005, 01:41 PM

I wasn't there personally, but a couple we met at Xigera continued on to Little Vumbura. When our paths crossed at Chitabe Trails they said they had a wonderful time - in fact they both teared up as they told us what a fantastic place LV was.

Search this Thread