White water rafting in africa

Nov 10th, 2002, 06:00 PM
j

White water rafting in africa

Which company would you use? were would you stay in Zambia or Zimbabwe? just want two or three days there.

Thanks Judy

Nov 11th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Karen

I would think Zambia would be the better place. Both countries need your tourist dollars but they are less likely to be misused in Zambia. With only 2 or 3 days, Livingstone is probably one of the better spots. It has everything including white water rafting and the Vic Falls right there. Where you stay would depend entirely on how much you want to spend and what lifestyle you wish to maintain while there - there is 5 star luxury and downward. Feel free to drop me a line. My company is a tour company in South Africa.

Nov 12th, 2002, 06:12 AM
K

Hi. We went white water rafting at Vic Falls last month. Absolutely Excellent! Would definitely do it again. We stayed in Zambia and did the rafting trip with a company called Bundu Adventures in Livingstone. When the water level is low (like it was for us), you can start below the falls at rapid #1. Some rafting companies start further down (we saw them doing this) - so even though the first few rapids are small, you miss out on the gorgeous scenery of the gorge.
Feel free to drop me a line if you have any detailed questions.

Search this Thread