Which way to Casa????

Jun 1st, 2002, 08:31 AM
Rick's cafe

Which way to Casa????

Hello everyone. We will be visiting Morocco later this year, picking up a tour in Casablanca. We will be coming over from Spain on the ferry, to Tangier I guess. I wonder whether folks have had experiences to share or advice to give on the best way to get from Tangier to Casablanca. Is the train the best way to go, or the us, or rent a Grand taxi?? We travel enough to know that we really don't want to be overly hassled when we first land in the country. Our plan is to get out of Tangier as quickly as possible but we don't know which is the best way to do that. Any thoughts would be most welcome. thank you

Jun 1st, 2002, 12:16 PM
Nicole

Hello,
Just got back from Morocco.
The train is the way to go in Morocco. We also decided to get a first class ticket. I'm not sure of the difference in price, but instead of eight people in the cabin there will only be six. I must say that we never took a grand taxi in Morocco--we kept to the major cities and stuck with the trains--so I'm a bit biased.
From the port, take a petit taxi to the train station--it will be about 20 dirhams. I would agree that getting out of Tangier as quickly as possible is the best idea, however, it all depends on when the trains run. If you take the earliest ferry from Spain you should be able to get our that day. Also--don't bother stopping at the tourist office or even asking locals what time the trains leave for Casa. We did this our first day in Tangier and everyone gave us a different answer. The only way to get the correct times is to go to the station. We went from Tangier to Fez, so I can't really tell you times or length of train ride from Tangier to Casa-sorry.

Have a great trip!

Search this Thread