Which safari should I choose?? HELP

Mar 18th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Which safari should I choose?? HELP

I am rather confused as to which safari would be most practical for me to take. I will be spending a few days in Capetown and would like to see Victoria Falls so "Matetsi" was suggested. When I view a map of SA though it looks like Kwandwe or Okavango Delta are closer to Capetown. These are all CCAfrica options. I will be going in late October (weather okay in that area??) and have a very limited time there (unfortunately only 7 days all together). Any input is greatly appreciated
Mar 24th, 2005, 10:54 AM

A flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls takes approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and then you would need to add your flight onto that from Cape Town which takes approximately 2 hours. Then to get to Matetsi takes approx 45 minutes by road. October is generally warm to cool dry temp. Matetsi offers complimentary transfers to and from Victoria Falls itself so that you can enjoy the Falls and other range of thrilling adventures - the entry into the Falls and the adventures would be at an additional cost to yourself though.

Kwandwe on the other hand is only a 1 hour 15 minutes scheduled flight from Cape Town and then either a 20 minute air transfer or a 2 hour chauffer driven road transfer. During October you would expect high temperatures during the day and still warm once the sun sets.

Flight to Maun from Johannesburg will also take approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and then a 25 minute light aircraft transfer and a 5 minute game drive into camp for Nxabega otherwise a 20 minute light aircraft transfer with a 45 minute drive to the lodge.

hope this is of help to you.

Search this Thread