Which park ?

Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Which park ?

We only have 6 nights for our safari and can't decide where to go for our last 2 days. Our itinerary so far reads:
Fly in Arusha Nov 30
Fly to Serengeti Dec 1
(3 nights Migration Camp)
Drive to Ngorongoro Crater
(1 night at N Serena Lodge)
Now we have 2 more nights. Can't decide if we should go to Lake Manyara or Tarangire NP or somewhere else before returning to Arusha on Dec 7th. Will be climbing Kili after that.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sep 4th, 2005, 04:02 AM
sandi

Even though Tarangire is best betweem mid-June - October, we've been here in November/December. Whatever rains have come might show higher grasses, but the landscape and amazing baobab trees make this my choice. Also there are still elephant herds, zebra, lions. So while you may not find "as many" animals, you certainly won't miss out. It's a small park - probably my favorite in Tanzania.

So it's an easy enough drive from the Crater and worth the stop for the 2-days you have available.

Sep 5th, 2005, 05:05 PM

Hope icygreg doesn't mind me asking a related question here.

We plan to do a Tanzania trip next summer, starting with a Kili climb, then doing a short safari and then some time in Zanzibar.

Some short safaris I looked at go to Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater (a must for my future husband), and Tarangire instead of going to the Serengeti. I'm sure we can customize this part, so my question is this: if you go on safari for 3 or 4 days, where would you go, assuming Ngorongoro Crater must be included? Would Tarangire compare well to Serengeti, or should we work on a different path?

Thanks!

Search this Thread