Reload this Page >

HELP!!!! TOUR OPERATOR FOR WOMAN TRAVELING ALONE IN JORDAN IN NOVEMBER

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 05:48 PM
ellie friedman

I am a woman traveling alone, and I am planning a two-week group tour to Egypt the middle of November, and would like to locate a five-or six-day group tour the beginning of November. Since I am traveling alone, I am extremely apprehensive about picking up a private car with driver. Does anyone have any suggestions????? <BR>Travel agents have not been much help. <BR>Whatever information would truly be appreciated. <BR>Thanks. <BR>ellie

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 02:15 AM
Fiona

I'm a little confused...do you want a Jordanian contact or Egyptian contact? <BR>We travelled for 4 days in Jordan in May and have a name and address of a very experienced driver who we would highly recommend: <BR>Mustafa Ismael Salem <BR>PO Box 1479 <BR>Zarka, Jordan <BR>If it is an Egyptian contact you require we also have a name and address of a taxi driver in the Cairo / Giza area.

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 10:47 AM
elinor friedman

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry for the confusion. In my head I knew what I was looking for. I am inquiring about a scheduled group tour in Jordan for five or six days. (I am hoping to travel with A&K in Egypt if I can get Jordan settled.) I would like to start with Amman and that area; then the desert castles and then go to Petra and Wadi Rum. Being that I am traveling alone, I would be a little nervous with just a male driver. <BR>Again thanks for your reply. Your reply is most appreciated. <BR>ellie

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 07:53 PM
cary

Jordanians are very polite, safe and solicitous. The chances of anything untoward happening are practically zero. I always relax in Jordan.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 09:32 AM
Cary

Dear Cary- <BR>I want to thank you for your reply. Since I so want to see all of the wonderful sites in Jordan, I have made the decision to go with a driver and a woman guide. Also, this way I can visit the sites that I want to see, and not just what is on a scheduled tour. Again, thank you for replying. Hope you enjoy the summer. <BR>Best regards, <BR>ellie

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 09:45 AM
ellie

Dear Cary- <BR>Being new to this site, I did not reply properly to your message. I think you might get the message that was supposed to be sent to you but ended up being returned to me. <BR>First of all, I want to thank you for replying to my inquiry. <BR>In case you do not get the message that was intended for you, I will be going to Jordan, but I will be seeing Jordan with a driver and a female guide. I guess in the long run it will work out much better, for I will get to see everything that I want to see, and I won't be rushed. <BR>Again, I would like to thank you. <BR>Hope you have a wonderful summer. <BR>Best regards, <BR>ellie

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 08:42 PM
Norma

Ellie, A small group tour for Jordan? It can be arranged after your Egypt tour. My husband and I recently had a great tour of Jordan with Calvery Tours. They can plan whatever you want. Our tour was listed as 9 days, but would be shorter if you were already in Egypt. <BR>Happy Traveling!