which camp has better game?

Jul 29th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

which camp has better game?

for those who have been, which camp did you find to have better game, chitabe or tubu tree? i know tubu only has 5 tents and they are well appointed so that's great, but was curious what people's thoughts were based strictly on game viewing. thx in advance
Jul 29th, 2005, 07:29 AM

It's not a great comparison as I was in Chitabe in June 2001 and Tubu Tree in June 2004 but based on these visits Tubu Tree had a LOT more game than Chitabe. Great birding too.

That said, others have had much better experiences than we did at Chitabe and it's always luck based too - luck on which animals are where and luck on which guide you get and how good they are at tracking them down.
Jul 29th, 2005, 10:00 AM

These are both in very good areas so it is the luck of the draw. I saw more and more diverse game at Chitabe, but as Kavey noted it is definitely luck of the draw. Chitabe has If you wanted a smaller tented camp (tents on the ground) consider Chitabe Trails. I think it has only 4 or 5 tents too. Chitabe also has the possibility of wild dog, which is not going to happen over in the Jao concession (which is where Tubu is, along with Kwetsani, Jao & one other camp...)

But the Jao concession is in the delta, and that is a plus there.
Jul 29th, 2005, 10:18 AM

The other Jao camp is Jacana.

Search this Thread