Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Where to stay near Lusaka Airport for 1 night?
Notices

Where to stay near Lusaka Airport for 1 night?

Feb 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay near Lusaka Airport for 1 night?

Could anyone recommend a place to stay near Lusaka Airport thatís under $200 USD? Thank you ahead of time.
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:56 PM

jiggylou, I posted a somewhat similar question just a couple of days ago. Got a few suggestions in response. The thread is here: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=35107486
Feb 13th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Dear Rickmck,
Thank you very much for the information. Somehow Iíve missed your entry on Feb 8th. Do you know how far Wayside Guesthouse (B&B) is located from Lusaka airport? Just like you, I prefer to stay near the airport, since weíre arriving late in the evening, and departing early in the morning.

Last year my husband & I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel, but I find $369 USD w/o tax unjustified.

By the way, your trip sounds great. My husband & I are returning to our favorite camp (Sausage Tree) for 6 nights late Sept 2008. This will be our 3rd trip to Sausage, and we will also spend 3 nights at Kaingo camp. This will be our first trip to Kaingo. Iím really looking forward to their hides.

Thank you once again.
Feb 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM

jiggylou, I don't know the travel time between the airport and the Wayside B&B, but the ground operator has emailed me that "it is just 15 minutes further than the Taj or Holiday Inn." Sorry I can't be more specific...

As you say you are going to Kaingo, you must check out this recent thread and photo posting by Jerry:

http://tinyurl.com/yqow53

Search this Thread