Where to stay in Casablanca?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be visiting Casablanca for the first time, solo, Oct 22 - 24.

A trip planner has arranged for me to stay at the Kenzi Sidi Maarouf, https://www.kenzi-hotels.com/kenzisi...efault-en.html , which appears to be a large business hotel near the airport and could be located in any city anywhere.

I would like something a little smaller, a little more charm and located in a safe area for me to explore. Under 1100 MAD or 110 Euro preferably but willing to increase the budget.

Any recommendations for an area and specific hotels are appreciated.
Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 12:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Did your trip advisor suggest that you visit Casablanca or was it was your choice?
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Mine but only for access to the airport to leave for Malta which does not have these flights daily. I see most travellers and guide books are not keen on Casablanca, except to see the Hassan II Mosque. I have a tour organized to see it and a few other sites.

Is there nothing to see on my own in the medina, or other, area? Or should I just have a day at the hotel?
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 08:48 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
You may enjoy staying in Rabat, the next city up the coast, a good deal more than Casablanca. The train from CMN airport will take you to Casa-Voyageurs station, then change to a through train, just under an hour to Rabat, a much prettier & more personable city. And an easy return to the airport.
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Mme, I think that is a good suggestion but because two friends and I are travelling a fair amount in Morocco beforehand (we split company just prior to my stay in Casablanca), I decided to stay put in Casablanca and am looking at the Boutique Hotel Gauthier A propos de nous | Boutique Hotel Gauthier . I am really in Casablanca only 1.5 days.

Any comments re the location or hotel itself?
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 11:54 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BowenLinda
. . . because two friends and I are travelling a fair amount in Morocco beforehand (we split company just prior to my stay in Casablanca), I decided to stay put in Casablanca . . . Any comments re the location or hotel itself?
Ah, the missing piece of the puzzle. I won't comment specifically on the hotel location as, other than overnights between trains at Casa Voyageurs, I've only stayed in Casablanca once over 20 years ago at a hotel on the Corniche. It appears to be a nice enough hotel, though the decor would have me looking elsewhere (I'd especially avoid the camouflage room). I wish I could be of more help.

Old Aug 24th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

All good, thanks for your your comments.