WHERE TO START? SOUTHERN AFRICA OR KENYA/TANZANIA

Jul 24th, 2000, 02:46 PM
juditta

WHERE TO START? SOUTHERN AFRICA OR KENYA/TANZANIA

I have a couple of months to spend in africa and I'm completely torn over how to use my time. Take a month-long overland trip with a company like Explore or Guerba? Or a couple of shorter ones with Journeys or Wildland? Or am I, at 42, too old for these participation safaris? I'd like something economical so that I can travel longer, rather than blow it all on brief luxury fling with a first class company like Abercrombie & Kent.
Thanks in advance.

Jul 26th, 2000, 05:05 PM
April

You're not too old. On the Guerba trip I took were two women in their 60's (who felt they were there by mistake), one in her 50's and one in her late 40's. Most in our group were in their 20's or 30's I'd say.

You cover alot of territory on these kinds of trips but they can also be tiring. Therefore, if it were me, I would do this first and then take it easier for last part of the holiday.

Aug 13th, 2000, 11:59 AM
Judy

Thank you April,

Tell me, what trip did you take? Would you recommend it? And if you don't mind, I'd love to know what kind of pack you travelled with and what you think are the ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE for the trip? Also, did you take Malaria pills? And did you have a whole series of shots.

Any insights much appreciated.

Aug 13th, 2000, 11:50 PM
April

Judy,
I replied directly to your email since I read your questions there first but perhaps I should have answered here as others might have had thoughts to add?

Search this Thread