where to sightsee between Hula Valley & Jerusalem

Feb 13th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

where to sightsee between Hula Valley & Jerusalem

We'll spend several days with family in Tel Aviv, a day in Haifa and Akko, a day in Safed and Rosh Pina, and stay in Safed overnight. We then have a day where I haven't figured out what to do and where to stay. After that "mystery day," we'll drive to Jerusalem where we'll spend 4 days. But I'm stuck about what to do on the mystery day. I'm interested in the Hula Valley Nature Reserve, NOT interested in Tiberias (unless it's a quick stop for lunch), and was thinking about Beit She'an. So does it make sense to drive from Safed to the Reserve, and from there to Beit She'an? Where would we stay that is convenient to Beit She'an? What am I missing?!
Feb 14th, 2014, 01:09 AM

That's a good plan - you can go to the Hula, I suggest you go to the area that is called Agman Ha-Hula, it's set up very nicely and you can rent bikes or pedal cars that allow you to get around easily and see so much more.

From there enjoy Beit Shean - it is fascinating.

You can then continue all the way to Jerusalem. If you don't want to drive at that point consider checking out the Beit Shean hostel (more like a motel) - but you will need to reserve as far in advance as you can - take a look at www.iyha.org.il. Otherwise you can fine b&b's in the area, especially at some of the kibbutzim or moshavim nearby.

Search this Thread