Where is the best snorkeling in Africa?

Nov 8th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Tessie

Where is the best snorkeling in Africa?

Hello Fodorites!!

I am planning a safari to Africa for next year (not sure which country yet, still trying to decide), but would also like to include a visit to a great snorkeling destination.

Could you please let me know what you consider to be the best snorkeling destinations in Africa, and if they are safe to go to these days?

Thanks SO MUCH for the help as I am researching this trip!!! Teresa & John

Nov 11th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Karen

Three of the very best places for that is Mozambique, The Seychelles and Zanzibar. I would start your research with those three.

Nov 11th, 2002, 08:09 PM
charlene

hello Tessie - we are going to Kenya at Christmas, a beach resort (combined with a safari) and apparently their is great diving and snorkeling there too (I plan to try snorkeling again) and supposed to be very safe....www.africansafariclub.com

Nov 12th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Mike

All coral is dead in Seuchelles. Used to be great snorkeling there

Nov 18th, 2002, 04:37 AM
leila

the snorkling in Zanzibar is amazing! our travel agent Tracey at www.allaboutzanzibar.com arranged our trip. We stayed at emerson and green, chumbe island (a nsnorkeling nature preserve), matemwe bungalows (snorkeling just ok, but beach is A+), and the best snorkeling at Chole Mijini or Mjini, just out of this world.

Search this Thread