Where in Africa w/ a 4yo?

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 06:10 AM
BKP
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in Africa w/ a 4yo?

Working around school and family obligations, we only have the last weekend in October for a holiday. We're based in the UK and I want to go somewhere HOT. Last October we went to Egypt and I loved it but my husband would like to see something new. I think 4 years old is too young for a safari. We'd like to save that for when he is a bit older. So - based on a process of illimination I think we're looking at either Morocco or Zanzibar. Zanzibar is more appealing to us but is definitely more expensive . . .

Am I missing anything? We do love "culture" and spend most of our traveling visiting historic sites (my son loves castles) and all of that -- but every now and then I just want to be warm by a pool or beach!

I'd love to hear any suggestions! Thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 06:17 AM

October might be getting too cool for pool/water in Morocco.

Visiting Zanzibar with some time spent in Stone Town for "culture" sights and history and balance on beach. But realize that end-Oct into Nov is the "short" rainy period. The coast is always tropical, hot/humid, and often with afternoon showers, but whether there would be any more rain in late-Oct, is anyone's guess.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 07:30 AM
BKP
Original Poster

sandi -- I didn't realize that about Zanzibar's "short" rainy period . . . thanks for the heads up.

I grew up in Seattle and live in the UK so I know that "I'm not so sweet that I'll melt in the rain" and I realize it's different than the rain I'm used to . . . but I don't know if I want to deal with it on holiday.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM

"Long" rains - Apr/May
"Short" rains - Nov/mid-Dec

doesn't mean it won't rain at other times, as it sure has during the dry season, but these are the rainy periods.

I travel regularly during the wet seasons, and so far, so good, haven't had that many (believe 3 or 4 in 14/years) episodes to hinder safari or beach time. At least prices are lower during these periods.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 02:51 AM

In Kenya you can enjoy a visit to Masai Mara,where you can experience nomadic culture,Nairobi museum,railway museum.And also may be you can decide on to take a safari.

7 DAYS PACKAGE BEST OF KENYA SAFARI.
This takes you to a variety of wild life and sceneries which will be of a life time memory.

Experience the wonders of Masai Mara National park recently declared as one of the 7th natural world wonder of the world(wildebeest migration in millions in search of greener pastures),with wonderful sceneries, wildlife and the nomadic community.(4Days).

Visit Lake Nakuru National park, which is alkaline lake and it hosts millions of flamingos, highest concentration in the world. Also the endangered species like white rhino, one of the big 5, rothchild giraffe, herds of buffaloes, over 360 species of birds> and beautiful scenery of The Great Rift Valley. (1 day)

Last but not least visit the land of elephants, Amboseli which inhabits world’s largest elephants, beautiful landscape with picturesque view of snows of Africa’s highest Mountain, Mt.Kilimanjaro and lots of wildlife too. (2 days).

Dates: Put your dates.
Departure point: Nairobi.
The price which you will be charged will include:
-Park entrance fees in all parks.
-Government Taxes.
-All transport.
-Driver/Guide Allowances.
-3 meals a day (F.b).
-Game drives in the parks.

The price will not include.
-Personal effects.
-Air fares from home country to Nairobi.

Contact Opulent Africa tours on [email protected]