Where are those camps/lodges?

Sep 6th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Where are those camps/lodges?

I noticed that many of you are asking where the camps and lodges are. When communicating with the operators ask for the gps coordinates. If you are going to a camp, take a gps to make the camps and those photo ops for future reference. It is easier then to locate these camps in the future off the maps we have. This will even be handy when better maps are published(work in progress) in the near future with longitude and latitude.
Sep 6th, 2005, 03:14 PM
bwanamitch

A solution is on its way... soon on my website ;-)

Look at my Botswana 2003 itinerary to see the way it goes...
http://www.virtuellesafari.de/Itiner...ana2003.d.html

Mitch

Sep 6th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Mitch

I have seen something with more detail. It includes overlays on World Wind with tracks/roads/landmarks ect. But this is alright for your purposes.

How long before you are up and running?Are you trying to do this with all the camps and lodges on your website?

In the mean time with coordinates we can locate these places on google or worldwind.

Robbie
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:30 PM
bwanamitch

Robbie,

I will start with Masai Mara, Okavango Delta, South Luangwa and, later, Serengeti, and... I plan to include different markers for lodges, camps, mobile camps, campsites, gates, airstrips, and important landmarks. No tracks and roads, but borders of parks, game reserves, concessions, etc.

However, first I must do some conceptional work, and of course, testing, testing, testing...

And most important: first I must go to Zambia (12 days and counting...).

Mitch

Search this Thread